Killarney National Park is a great place to exercise your dog and we welcome responsible dog-walkers. As home to many different types of sensitive habitats and land uses it is important that dog owners practice responsible use.
- Dogs must be on a leash within all areas of the park
- At all times dogs must be with and under the control of their owners
- Owners must pick up and dispose of all faecal matter
- Please keep dogs under control; they can disturb wildlife as well as other visitors
- Do not leave your dog unattended in a vehicle
- Do not let your dog chase animals or disturb wildlife
- Dogs are not permitted entry to buildings, except for Guide/Assistance dogs
Permits & Activities
Permits are required in Killarney National Park for the following:
- All commercial activities
- Organised events such as fund raising walks, runs, cycles, etc.
- Jaunting Cars
- Pony Trekking
- Boating – There are no permits available for private boating as the numbers are capped at their present level. A lottery is held each year and 20 names are drawn from the waiting list. This allows those who have had their names drawn to place a boat on the lakes for a single period of twelve months.
- Canoeing – click here to download PDF for Canoeing Permits
- Commercial Photography
Further information can be had by contacting :
The Regional Manager, Killarney National Park, Muckross, Killarney, Co. Kerry.
Tel: +353 64 6631440 or +353 64 6635215
Email – email@example.com